Traveling with your best four-legged friend? Sanctuary RV Resort is the perfect place for pets. Between our dog park, off-leash area, and all the adventures nearby, there’s no need to worry that your pup will be bored or caged in!
Did you know that over half of all RVers make their journeys with a pet? That’s a big part of why we made Sanctuary RV Resort a destination for doggos as well as their owners. If you haven’t taken the plunge and brought Fido along on a trip before, here are some tips:
- Introduce your pet to the RV with the aide of treats and food. A week before you leave, start serving breakfast and dinner inside to show them that the RV is safe, and offers delicious benefits.
- Create a special space for your animal inside the RV. A bed or blanket that smells like home makes for the perfect nap spot!
- Bring favorite treats and toys along for the ride. Tug-of-war can go a long way into remind your dog that they’re having a great time.
- Don’t forget necessities and plan for emergencies. You’ll want to carry their vaccination certificate and any medications.
- Buckle up for safety! Yes, that includes Spot!
- Plan your route and stops around pet-friendly locations so your best buddy can stretch their legs and get some fresh air.
- Once you’re parked, keep to your pet’s routine. Food, bed, and walks should provide a sense of normalcy and security.